Thursday, November 26, 2009

Compromise...

There is nothing wrong with being ideal, but in an imperfect world, the word compromise always comes into mind.

I shot this image in April, during the Holy Week. I found the perfect angle that showed both the beauty of the church and a glorious cloud formation. As you can see however, the lamp post and pedestrians precluded me from taking a perfect shot. Getting the lamp posts out of the way meant coming close and missing out on a great part of the facade and cutting a significant portion of the clouds. I chose to remain where I am and framed this imperfect shot.

I compare this to how life is. Most often, we desire for the ideal. And often times, as well, we end up compromising and settling for what is doable. Similarly in our relationships, there would always be differences between us and our partners. I remember a presiding priest in a wedding telling the couple that from that day on .... "It is not I nor is it you but us that will matter". We leave behind our own personalities to form a new one when we take the vow.

A very wise advice and a most admirable compromise, I should say.

Location: The Shrine of Jesus, the way, the truth and the life. Reclamation Area, Roxas Blvd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers