Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Inang Ko Po?! (My Mother?!)

I saw them slumped by the sidewalk of Don Bosco Makati as I drove to work. I was not sure whether she was the mother of this young girl and this baby. Having heard of stories on how syndicates take advantage and use these children to get alms from passersby, I was truly uncertain.

Whether she was the real mother or not of these children, I had mixed feelings upon seeing them. I felt pity yet felt so much disappointment that someone who cant even support herself was so irresponsible to have decided to have children who shall suffer as a result of this irresponsibility.

The above brings to mind, a constant reminder that my father had given to us. It goes this way: "if it isnt in your plan to give your family a good life, then dont get married and have a family. It would not be right to drag more people into your miseries. Better live alone!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers