Thursday, July 22, 2010

"Nagiisa.." (Alone)

I saw this man sitting quietly in the early morning of Wednesday at a vacant lot near the Terminal 3, the new airport here in Manila. He stared blankly at the field, watching closely the planes that came and went.

The man seems to have lost his mind, perhaps unable to take anymore the serious blows of life. He prefers to shut himself out from the world around him. His lonesome state appears to be his escape to a harmless environment where he feels no hunger nor pain. He feels no reason to return.

As I took this shot, I could not help but count my blessings for being gifted with the life that I have. It is nothing perfect as I have my share of troubles. But my path is rosy and trouble free when compared to what this man seems to have been through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers